Teff Fritters with Avo Salsa & Agro Dolce
- 1 Cup Teff
- 2 tsp Coriander, ground
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Cloves, ground
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1 Egg
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Avocado, flesh removed and squished with a fork
- 3 Coriander stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Butter (preferably grass fed) or Olive Oil
- Agro Dolce (Sweet and sour Sauce)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- For the salsa, add the spanish onion to a bowl and squeeze over half the lemon juice, set aside for 15 minutes to sweeten. Combine the cucumber, tomato, avocado and coriander in a bowl and stir in the pickled onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Add Teff and 2 Cups of water to a saucepan on high heat. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce to low to simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Transfer Teff mix to a bowl and combine with coriander, cumin, cloves, paprika, almond meal pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in the egg, you want the mixture to be of a batter like consistency if need stir in more water.
- For the agro dolce add the balsamic vinegar to a saucepan on medium-high heat and bring to a bowl and reduce the amount to a third. Take off the heat and stir in honey then allow to cool.
- Melt butter in a small frypan on medium heat, pour in a mixture of the batter (it should pour if its too thick add more water) that goes right to the edge. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve stack with avocado salsa and drizzle over Agro Dolce