One of Devon Levesque’s favorites is grilled cheese. As you might have noticed by now, every dish with cheese is one of Devon’s favorites. For this recipe, we decided to elevate the classic grilled cheese. Enough with the basic cheddar stuck in the middle of 2 slices of white bread. You will need 3 kinds of cheese that melt well for this recipe. Here, we chose aged cheddar, Parmigiano Reggiano, and comté for a perfect blend that is super tasty. Also, say goodbye to the sad-looking white bread and say hello to some perfectly toasted sourdough bread, rich in fiber and probiotics! Who said a grilled cheese couldn’t be part of a balanced diet??
3 Tips to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese
- Use 3 high-quality kinds of cheese that melt well. Cheddar, Parmigiano Reggiano, Comté, Fontina work well.
- Toast the bread in a pan until it’s golden to the edge.
- Add grated cheese directly to the pan, then add the toasted bread to create a cheesy crust.
But Dan, is cheese good for me?
A healthy diet is healthy when it is balanced. Cheese is not the bad guy when eaten in moderation. It is rich in protein, vitamin B-12, vitamin K, and calcium, amongst other nutrients. While vitamin K-2 helps clot blood, calcium ensures the growth of strong bones and muscles. So, unless you are dairy-free, cheese, in moderation, can be added to your diet.
Pair your grilled cheese with a salad to make it a full-proof tasty meal!
Get your pans ready, and let’s get cooking!
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 oz Comté cheese, grated
- 4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 4 oz aged Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil.
- Add the bread. Toast it on one side for 6 minutes. Reserve the bread.
- In the pan, grate some parmigiano. Add the toasted bread on top.
- Cover the slice of bread with the 3 kinds of cheese. Cover with another slice of bread. Slightly press the grilled cheese for 4 minutes. Flip it. Grill it for an additional 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melting.