Team! As you are probably aware by now, I love smoothies. They are loaded with nutrients, perfect for breakfast or pre-or post-workout snacks, and super easy to make! Seriously. You only need a blender, a liquid base, and the fruits and vegetables of your choice. Craving a sweet, nutritious smoothie? Looking to boost your immune system? Here is a wonderful smoothie recipe alongside tips to make the perfect smoothie.
My tips to make the perfect smoothie
Smoothies are one of the easiest ways to add vitamins, minerals, and fibers to your diet. Here are my tips for creating an EPIC smoothie:
- Add your liquid base to the blender.
- Then, add your fruits and vegetables. If you are looking for a thick consistency, use frozen products and less liquid.
- Add a source of fat. Sprinkle chia, flax, or hemp seeds in your smoothie. You can even add nut butter.
- Add your supplement. If you want to increase your protein intake, add your favorite protein powder. If you want to boost your immune system, add your AG1 powder. In this recipe, I add a serving of AG1 to ensure that my daily vitamin and minerals needs are met.
Why is mango good for you?
Mango is highly nutritious. A cup of mango covers 67% of the daily dose of vitamin C recommended! Vitamin C boosts the immune system. Mango is also packed with copper, a mineral that helps form red blood cells, maintain a healthy heart rate and blood pressure, and promote healthy bone. Combined with the iron found in the spinach and vitamin C that helps with iron absorption, this smoothie is fantastic to boost your immune system.
What is the benefit of spinach?
I love adding leafy greens to my smoothie to balance the amount of sugar in it and add extra fiber. Spinach is loaded with vitamins (A, C, K1), iron, and magnesium. While magnesium fights inflammation, iron helps maintain healthy blood and boost the immune system. It is essential to consume it alongside fruits or vegetables rich in vitamin C like mango for maximum absorption.
- 1 ½ cup mango, frozen
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 serving AG1
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- In a blender, add the plant-based milk. Then, add all the ingredients. Blend until smooth
- Pour smoothie into a jar.