I love making something meaty, comforting and nourishing without meat. Its showcasing the effectiveness of quality ingredients. If you are a vegan it doesn’t you miss out on flavour… and so when Zoe from LA asked me to make a vegan dish with Sweet Potatoes I had no problem in making something to tick all the winning boxes. Whether it be winter/fall or just after a little clean comfort this number is such a simple options. For less than $4 for 4 ppl its a win
Watch the video below!
I can’t wait to see these being made for dinner times and all around comfort love. With the colour involved with these beauties your health is always winning
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 Medium Sweet Potatoes, spiked with fork
1 Onion, sliced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Can Tomatoes, Chopped
1 Sprig of Rosemary
Pinch of salt
Half handful of fresh Basil, sliced
1/2 Cup Coconut Yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. (400 F)
- Place Sweet potatoes on a lined baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft and juice
- For the sauce, caramelize your onion in the olive oil on medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until golden.
- Add in your tomatoes and rosemary and stir on high heat for 3-4 minutes or until all the liquid evaporates. Then sprinkle in your salt and fresh basil and stir for a further minute
- To serve spoon a portion of the sauce over the jacket, having the strands of caramelized onion falling everywhere, dollop over some yoghurt and sprinkle with extra basil
What you would also love!