A Vegan White Bean Soup for Immunity
Hey friends, hope you’re having an awesome holiday week! As promised I’m getting you more recipes this week (did you check out the Thanksgiving recipes yet?!) to bring you plenty of content in time for the holiday cooking season which I know you are all loving being a part of! Today I’m bringing you one of my favorites from my travels in Italy – the vegan white bean soup known as Ribollita!
During my travels in Italy I learned to make this one from the Italian Nonnas or grandmothers, who know all of the traditional techniques (like blending the bread with broth to thicken the soup) which make this one such a winner.
So go gather your veggies and let’s get into it! Check out the full recipe video below:
Get the whole recipe video here!
What makes this vegan white bean soup easy?
The best part of this soup in my opinion is just how simple it is to make, with the chopping being the only hands-on part to it! After everything is in the pot, you’re free to enjoy your 20 minutes while the soup cooks through.
This soup also makes use of that extra sourdough you may have lying around, so it’s helpful in preventing waste, which you all know I am about!
What makes this vegan white bean soup healthy?
This one is packed with all the veggies you’ve got in your pantry, and loaded with extra fiber from the beans and bread! It’s a great way to load up on antioxidants and immune-boosting ingredients. This vegan white bean soup has also got heaps of vegan protein from the white beans and plenty of micronutrients from all those veggies.
It’s also hydrating! We’re using things like zucchini, tomatoes, and broth which all contain water that will help you stay in equilibrium.
The Color Code
The color code for these bites is… MULTI! You’ve got green from your kale and zucchini, red from tomatoes, orange from carrot, white from beans and additional color from your broth and herbs.
This recipe is perfect for… building immunity, boosting antioxidant intake, and fighting cancer
Oh and before I forget if you want more of these easy healthy vegan recipes, you can get a whole book for FREE! Just click here and put in your email and it will come straight to your inbox.
Recipe: Easy Vegan White Bean Soup
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
1 small bunch dino kale, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 large stalks celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 cups veggie broth
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 slices day-old sourdough bread, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Caramelize for 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together 1 cup broth with your sourdough bread. Remove and add to the pan with your vegetables.
- Season with black pepper, salt, thyme, and rosemary. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of broth, canned tomatoes, zucchini, and white beans.
- Cook everything on medium heat until boiling, then reduce to a simmer and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and add dino kale. Stir until wilted. Adjust seasoning as necessary with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional black pepper and olive oil.