Roasting Salmon in 2 Easy Steps!
Friends, I come to you today with one more much-requested recipe, my flavorful roasted salmon with ginger and garlic. On the back of Australia Day (did you check out all the new recipes?!) this has turned into a bit of an impromptu FISH week! But just in time as I love to get in more servings of this omega-3 boosted protein come late winter and early spring.
Today I want to share with you another recipe, this time for roasting up a fish in 2 easy steps. My roasted salmon recipe is ideal for crowds, parties, and gatherings of your friends and family.
What is step 1 to making roasted salmon?
First you’ll make your sauce/paste. This is a garlic-y, ginger-y number that is so versatile in the kitchen. One thing I love is adding a bit of cumin or turmeric to increase the spice factor, but in the recipe I keep it simple and you can customize it to your tastes.
If you’re roasting a whole fish, you may want to make the sauce in a larger quantity in a food processor just to make things even easier on yourself.
What is step 2 to making roasted salmon?
Step 2 is to roast! Plain and simple, we’ll pop this baby into the oven, bake it for about 12 minutes, and viola! A weeknight main dish in under 15. You’ll be loving this one. Serve it up with some brown rice or quinoa and your green veg of choice for an epic hearty dinner.
What makes this roasted salmon recipe healthy?
Salmon packs plenty of protein and healthy polyunsaturated fats for a relatively low amount of total calories. It’s considered an oily fish and is high in omega-3 fats, which are great for skin and brain health. It’s also full of vitamin D, which can be harder to get this time of year.
Recipe: Roasted Salmon with Ginger
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cost per Serving: $5
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 lb full salmon fillet, skin on (ask your fish seller to leave it whole)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 knob ginger, peeled grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- Juice + zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, zest, and olive oil to a bowl. Stir.
- Slice 4-5 small cuts 1 cm apart on one side of the fish (the top side).
- Spoon sauce over the fish and rub into the cuts.
- Place fish on a roasting pan and into the oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Spoon any reserved juice over the fish before serving.