My friends! I am off to Europe for some research, delicious eats, video making and, of course, education for all your smiling faces.
Before I leave (I am typing this from the airport right now) I wanted to give you little taste of what I am about to get involved in. A little bit of Italian love crossed with a bit of me, a gluten free pasta recipe.
Cooking with pasta is something I grew up and I’m proud that this way of life is a strong part of my connection to my family.
These days I still do enjoy pasta, I just eat it occasionally. But don’t get me wrong, making it by hand is one of the most amazing experiences I will ever come across (in fact I always put it down as one of my favourite past times).
Ever since my lovely mother discovered she was a celiac I began to come up with ways for her to enjoy her favourite things and not miss out on taste. This gluten free pasta recipe sums up all of this. It has that amazing satisfying taste and… you get to twirl it with your fork.
The idea of simplicity, color and Italian in my opinion should always go hand in hand. By focusing on 3-4 quality ingredients, you’re allowing them to shine. I am so excited to experience all of this and will be bringing you on every step of the journey while I’m in Italy.
So don’t be afraid to ask things along the way (you can reach out to me on Instagram).
This truly is an easy recipe to make. Whether it is Tuesday night or you have the whole day to plan, it is sure to satisfy. Strong flavours on a roasting tray and that is all you need. You’ll find the recipe below, plus you can watch me in action making it in the video below.
Please let me know in the comments what your ideal gluten free pasta recipe would be!
Oh and before I forget if you want more of these easy healthy pasta recipes, you can get a whole book for FREE! Just click here and put in your email and it will come straight to your inbox 🙂
Plenty of European love. Lots of colorful stories coming your way!
Prep Time: 5 minute
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Skill: Easy as
Quinoa contains all 20 amino acids… effectively eating this will help you repair your body and assist in lean muscle growth.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
2 Garlic, cloves
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta
1/4 Cup Goats Cheese
1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Fresh Oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F. or 190 C
- Add Tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil to a pan, toss and place in the oven to cook and get jammy for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile bring a pot of boiling water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and stir in your Gluten Free Quinoa Pasta. You want to cook it for 8 minutes where it is soft on the outside but has some strength to the centre (if you bite it, there should be a little bit stuck in your teeth 😉 )
- Drain pasta and run under cold water to rid excess starch.
- Transfer pasta to roasting stray and stir with basil, oregano and a further drizzle of olive oil. Finish with goats cheese and pepper and serve into bowl. Take a photo… let me know of the simply amazing job you have done and enjoy!