Hello amazing people! It is a special week as of course it is Mother’s Day on Sunday! We shouldn’t wait until this particular day to say thank you to the best people in our world, of course, but we should still be treating her on this day. Doesn’t this mean the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast?
Mother’s Day is one of the most popular days of the year for brunch/breakfast at restaurants and cafes.
If you manage to get into your favourite place, good for you! However, if you are someone who wants to avoid the lines but still wants to treat your lovely mum to something nice, I have the easy solution for you! Inspired by one of my favourite dishes to cook my lovely mother (sending you hugs and kisses mum), here is one of the easiest breakfasts to make your mum on this special day.
Watch the video here!
You cannot go wrong with a soft boiled egg, and the combination of brussels sprouts and bacon is super wicked. If you go vegetarian, swap the bacon for mushrooms and you still get that meaty goodness with the addition of a pinch of salt.
One of the best things about this dish is it is super easy to make, can feed the whole family and can even be considered a lunch as well. So if it goes into a later start then it becomes even more acceptable (even though I think breakfast can be consumed at any time of the day).
To all our amazing mothers out there, may we thank you for bringing us into this world, putting up with our nagging, constantly hangry state (that was not a typo). May you feel super special and know that we love you very much.
To my mum… thank you for allowing me to follow my dreams in making people happier through food. It’s not easy being okay with me living on the other side of the world, but just know I am the person I am today because of your love. Thank you for everything you have done, are doing and will do.
Love your favourite middle son,
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 Rashes of Bacon (Mum loves Turkey)
3 Cups Brussel Sprouts, Shredded
1/3 Balsamic Vinegar
1 Avocado, seed removed and quartered
Pinch of Black pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add bacon to a pan on medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until turns golden
- Stir in the shredded brussels sprouts, cook for a further 3 minutes or until soft, before deglazing with the balsamic vinegar Take off the heat and set aside
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, turn the heat to medium and pour in the vinegar before giving that pot a gentle swirl. Crack the egg into the very centre and allow it to move with the flow. Crack in remaining eggs.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is firm but the yolk feels like jelly with a gentle touch. Remove to a paper towel
- To serve. place a portion of the brussels sprout mix into a bowl and top with an egg. Drizzle olive oil all over before sprinkling with black pepper and paprika.
- Serve it up to your lovely mum and watch her smile 🙂
Recipes you will also like: